Brownie Cheesecake Bites ~ two classic desserts swirled into one mini treat!
I wanted the last recipe of 2013 to be special.
I knew I nailed it when I successfully combined 2 of the most loved desserts into one.
So ladies & gentlemen – I proudly present to you my Eggless Brownie Cheesecake Bites! *Drum rolls* Life is short and I don’t want you to pass this recipe as another ordinary recipe that may or may not change your life! Because it will – change.your.life!
Okay… the unnecessary drama aside, this truly is easy to make and a delight to eat. I didn’t think I would be able to find a recipe for cheesecake that contained no eggs anytime soon. But an impromptu experiment whilst running a high fever proved to be just the circumstance needed to find this gem of a recipe. I’m still not sure how good the cheesecake would be if baked on its own (i.e – without the brownie base). I promise to keep working on that. But for now, I’m very satisfied with this union of brownies & cheesecake!
P.S: With this brownie cheesecake bites, I conclude my Holiday Bonanza series of 2013. I hope you liked my simple recipes. Visit this page to get an overview of all the 30 recipes I’ve posted in the past month.
Eggless Brownie Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Make your favorite brownie batter. I simply used the leftover brownie batter from this recipe. (full measurements & method in printable recipe below)
In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, condensed milk, pinch of salt, vanilla extract and cornflour.
Mix well to form a creamy mixture. (Cornflour is basically the binding agent)
To mini cupcake molds, add brownie batter upto about half of the mold (about a teaspoon)
Add the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter. You can choose to add a little in the center only or cover the entire cup. But the total mixture should not be more than 3/4th of the cupcake mold.
Bake in 170C / 350 F for 20 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked through.
Let them cool completely.
You can sprinkle powdered sugar on these brownie cheesecake bites for extra sweetness (and decoration if required).
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder (more if you want darker brownies)
- ⅕ cup powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons plain Yogurt / Milk (more if batter is too thick)
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Condensed Milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch (cornflour)
- powdered sugar (for dusting on top)
- 1 cup is around 200 grams
- You can use any brownie batter / brownie mix
- If you don't find cream cheese, use unsalted cottage cheese (paneer) but grind it to a smooth paste till there are no lumps. Or use Ricotta cheese
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a bowl
- Add the oil, vanilla extract, yogurt (or milk) and mix well to form a smooth batter
- If the batter is too thick, add another teaspoon of milk / yogurt and mix well
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, condensed milk, pinch of salt, vanilla extract and cornflour.
- Mix well to form a creamy mixture.
- Grease and line mini cupcake molds. Preheat oven to 170C / 350 F
- To mini cupcake molds, add brownie batter upto about half of the mold (about a teaspoon per mold)
- Add the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter. You can choose to add a little in the center only or swirl the cheesecake mixture into the batter or cover the entire cup. But the total mixture should not be more than ¾th of the cupcake mold.
- Bake in 170C / 350 F for 20 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked through.
- Let them cool completely for 1-2 hours.
- You can sprinkle powdered sugar on these brownie cheesecake bites for extra sweetness (and decoration if required)
- You can make your own brownie batter. The base can also be any cake batter
- The cheesecake mixture is only inspired from a traditional cheesecake.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature for 3-4 days / in the fridge for a week
** This is a part of the Holiday Bonanza on Foodomania. Come back everyday for a new treat! Or you can subscribe via email to have the recipes delivered to your inbox!
You would love these mini version sweet treats!