Candy Blondies = Your favorite candies in a butterscotch flavored bar.
Blondies are underrated, I tell you.
I don’t see people going ga-ga over blondies as much as they do for brownies. Which is such a shame – really – because Blondies are one of the best sweet snacks you can have! Not only are they easy to make; but they are a great dish to pack and eat on-the-go. Not to mention how pretty and elegant they would look on any dinner / tea table!
And if you include your favorite candies in a simple Blondie batter, you get this delicious Candy Blondie (Intentional Rhyming!)
It’s a little thing. But it makes a huge difference. (Most) People love candies, right? By simply throwing in candy into a batter, you can see the dish transform from regular (& scrumptious) Blondies to these super interesting Candy Blondies!
Candy Blondies Recipe
You’ll need -
Mix whatever candies you have using together and add a tablespoon of the flour to them. Mix them well and set aside (This ensures that the candies are evenly distributed and don’t sink to the bottom)
Mix together brown sugar, yogurt and oil until sugar is well dissolved. (Since I didn’t have brown sugar, I used regular sugar, a pinch of yellow food coloring and some butterscotch essence to replicate the taste!)
Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda. Mix together until you have a smooth batter (do not over-mix or you’ll end up with a bread like texture)
Add the candies to the batter (I also had 2 last Oreo cookies which noone wanted to eat so I crushed them into the batter as well! :D). Gently fold them into the batter.
Pour the batter onto the prepared baking pan. Top off with more crushed cookies & candies.
Bake at 160 C / 325 F for 30 minutes or until the blondies are fully cooked through.
Let them cool completely. Slice and serve.
You can store them in air tight containers at room temperature for 2-3 days and in the fridge upto 7 days.
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (adjust to taste - start off with ⅓ cup) (*Note 1)
- ⅓ cup plain Yogurt / Curd / Sour Cream (at room temperature)
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butterscotch Extract (*If unavailable, use vanilla extract)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (plus 1-2 tablespoons)
- a pinch of Salt
- ½ Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ - 1 cup Chopped up Candies (M&M, Hershey's Kisses, Cadbury, Peppermint Patty etc.)
- ¼ cup Crushed Cookies (Optional)
- Brown Sugar is essential to give a butterscotch like taste to the blondies. If you don't have it, use regular sugar, a pinch of edible yellow food color and 1 teaspoon of Butterscotch Essence to replicate the taste & look
- You can use ANY candy of your choice. This is especially a great recipe to make with leftover candy from Halloween, Easter or Christmas. Use whatever is available in your locality. Just chop them up into small 1- 2 inch chunks so that they are evenly distributed
- Using crushed cookies is optional. Adding them gives an additional crunch to the blondies which is great.
- Preheat oven to 160C / 325F. Grease & Line a 8X8 baking pan.
- Mix the candies using together and add a tablespoon of the flour to them. Mix them well and set aside (This ensures that the candies are evenly distributed and don't sink to the bottom)
- Mix together brown sugar, butterscotch extract, yogurt and oil until sugar is well dissolved.(If you're using large granulated brown sugar, it may not dissolve completely. That is okay)
- Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda. Mix together until you have a smooth batter (do not over-mix or you'll end up with a bread like texture)
- Add the crushed cookies and candies to the batter. Gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared baking pan. Top off with more crushed cookies & candies if desired
- Bake at 160 C / 325 F for 30 minutes or until the blondies are fully cooked through.
- Let them cool completely. Slice and serve.
- You can store them in air tight containers at room temperature for 2-3 days and in the fridge upto 7 days.
- This is a great option for edible gifts
** This is a part of the Holiday Bonanza on Foodomania. Come back everyday for a new treat! Or you can subscribe via email to have the recipes delivered to your inbox!
Other yummilicious blondies you must try ~