Okay, you got me. There’s really no difference between cheese sauce and white sauce. Except for the addition of cheese (duh!) in the former. The method of preparation is exactly the same as my Bechamel Sauce. I tried to make it in the microwave and got a really good cheese sauce!
MICROWAVE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE | Mornay Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 3-5 min
Makes: 1 cup
1 TBsp Butter
1 TBsp all purpose Flour
1 cup Milk (200 ml)
5-6 TBsp grated cheese (or more)
1 tsp Salt (to taste)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
1. In a large Microwave safe bowl, add the butter and microwave for 30 seconds or until the butter is fully melted.
2. Add the flour and mix well.
3. Microwave for 15-20 seconds (full power). Stop and mix again. Again microwave for 15 seconds (totally twice)
4. Add in the milk and cheese.
5. Mix well and microwave for 30 seconds. (Don’t let it boil)
6. Remove, stir again and microwave one last time for 15 seconds
7. Add salt & pepper and mix well.
This can be used as a dip or as a pasta/pizza sauce too!