Don’t laugh at me for wanting to post what I call a ‘non-recipe’ After all, I keep getting requests from so many of YOU to make easy & tasty meals on the go! So here you go! Skip the cheese, keep the cheese, skip the veggies, keep ‘em.. do whatever you want. Cooking is all about what feels right to you. And this is what feels right to me when I have a bunch of veggies & a packet of bread in the fridge and no motivation to make something extravagant.
It’s really simple. Chop all your veggies as finely as possible. Add salt, pepper and grate in a good amount of cheese. Mix well. (FYI, if you wanna use stuff like corn or peas, make sure you boil them in hot water for 5-6 minutes until they are tender. Nobody like to eat raw peas or corn!)
Take a slice of bread and just spread the cheesy vegetable mixture on the bread. You could slather it with butter if you want, I just didn’t.
And then just grill it in your oven for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp.
If you don’t have the oven, you could toast it on a griddle. Keep it at low and toast for a longer time for the beautiful brown crispiness. You can toast only one side – obviously!
- Slices of Bread
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (I used boiled corn, onion, capsicum tomatoes)
- ½ cup grated Mozzarella Cheese (or any Cheese)
- ½ tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp ground Pepper
- Mix all veggies, salt & pepper & cheese well.
- Spoon in some of the mixture on each slice of bread
- Grill it in the oven @ 200 C / 400 F for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted & bread is crisp.
- If you don’t have an oven, toast it on the griddle on the bottom side only. Keep it on low for 8-10 minutes.
- Continue with all the bread slices & enjoy with ketchup