Easy, egg-free homemade chocolate chip cheesecake brownies made from scratch! Guaranteed to be loved by adults and kids alike!
Nuh-Uhhh…. Not apologizing. This isn’t a recycled recipe. This is a legitimate brownie recipe I developed…. from leftovers! (Okay, so yeah, maaaayyyybeee a little recycled!) But have a look! Chocolate Chips, Cheesecake and Brownies – all swirled into one knock-your-pants-off kinda bar! It is soft, chocolatey and a great portable dessert bar as well. That to me – peeps, is a winner recipe!
You’ve just got to try this one, okay? So how did I stumble upon this genius you ask? Well one day, I made homemade cream cheese frosting. The idea was to frost my Red Velvet Cupcakes (duh!). As it always happens, yours truly thinks she is the queen of measurements and always ends up making more than what is required. With almost 1 cup of leftover frosting and no more red velvet to finish it off, I was stumped. Meanwhile, I had whipped up a batch of Chocolate chip brownie batter… just because… 🙂 I thought, what the heck? Let’s just combine and see what happens. And voila!
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or not, consider baking these brownies. You’ll love them!
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- a pinch of Baking Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ cup plain Yogurt (or Curd)
- 2-4 tablespoons Milk / Water (if batter is too thick)
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips (any kind)
- In case you DON'T have cream cheese, simply curdle 500mls of milk by bringing it to a boil and adding 1 teaspoon Vinegar. Once milk particles separate from whey, filter it out and wash it once. Then grind it to a smooth paste
- In case you eat eggs, you can make your cheesecake mixture by adding ½ of an egg yolk for a richer version. But it doesn't matter even if you don't add the egg. I skipped it
- In a blender / mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, baking powder and grind to a smooth paste. Set aside
- Grease and line a 8X8 inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 170 C / 345 F. (If you're using convection oven, turn down temperature to 150 C / 300 F.)
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add oil, yogurt, vanilla to the dry mix and mix to form a smooth batter. Do not over mix or you will end up with a tough brownie texture.
- Add about ¼ cup of Chocolate Chips and fold into the mixture.
- Pour half the batter on to the prepared baking pan. Tap it to get even layer.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips all over. Drop spoonfuls of cheesecake mixture all over the brownie batter in various places.
- Pour the remaining half of the batter over the cheesecake mixture. Use a spatula to even out the top layer.
- Using a knife, dip into the batter completely and make swirl patters. Again tap the pan to make sure everything is even.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean without leaving any wet batter.
- Let the brownie cool completely. Loosen the edges and take the brownie out. Cut into squares. If you want, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Stays well at room temperature for 2 days and in the fridge upto a day. Warm it slightly before having.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies Recipe – step by step pictures
Firstly, get your cheesecake mixture ready. Add the cream cheese, sugar, cream, cornstarch, baking powder, vanilla extract to a blender
Grind to a smooth mixture and set aside. Taste and adjust sweetness
Set aside for use
Sift together dry ingredients
Add yogurt, oil and milk (or water). Mix to form a smooth batter
Fold in some chocolate chips
Pour half into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Add cheesecake mixture dollops in various places
Pour remaining half of the brownie batter all over the cheesecake mixture
With a spatula, just even out as much as possible. It is okay even if it is a little mixed up.
Take a knife and swirl around the mixture to create cheesecake swirl patterns.
Bake for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely.
Cut into squares. If you wan, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top & serve!
Because I’m a self proclaimed Brownie goddess, I just HAVE to show you some more really cool Brownie recipes that I’ve already share on my site —>
Double Chocolate Brownies