Super quick chocolate fudge shots served in cute little glasses… Portion control + burst of chocolate!!!
I’m counting the days off my calender and I can’t help but feel a little excited. I’m finally returning home in less than a week… after 2 months of being at a remote location in India for a work related assignment. Which also means I haven’t cooked or baked anything in 2 months… and the withdrawals symptoms are showing… Last week I just couldn’t take it anymore and took over the microwave at the canteen and made these quick chocolate fudge shots.
It was not so much the “staying away from home” part that bothered me. I’m perfectly capable of being happy wherever I am. And to be honest, I did find amazingly friendly people here and had a gala time. But to not have an oven, to not get some elbow grease kneading dough, to not taste leftover batter, to not decide which DSLR shot I loved the most all these days was torture. I can’t wait to get back home and put on my Chef Hat! 😀
(Forgive the bad pictures! I took them with the camera on my cell phone)
These quick chocolate fudge shots were well received by my colleagues. And that is really what all this is about… to make as many people happy as I can through my infectious passion for food… 🙂 Here’s how ridiculously easy it is to make these quick fudge shots —->> (scroll down for step by step pictures)
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate, chopped (or use chocolate chips)
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup Cream (optional)
- a pinch of Salt
- Chocolate Wafers
- Chopped Nuts
- Tequila Shot glasses
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the condensed milk, cream, pinch of salt and chopped chocolate
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stop. Stir. Microwave again. Repeat the same process 4-5 times until the chocolate is smoothly melted into the cream mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon nutella, crush some chocolate wafers, chopped nuts if required & mix well.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons per glass. Cover the glasses and chill for 1 hour or until fully set.
- Crush some chocolate wafers on top before serving.
- In case your cream and condensed milk are cold, microwave them together for 1 minute, mix well and then add the chocolate.
- Since this is extremely rich, a little bit is more than enough per person. Hence, serve small portions.
- Since condensed milk is very sweet, using dark chocolate balances out the sweetness and gives a mildly flavored fudge
Chocolate Fudge Shots Recipe – Step by Step Pictorial
In Microwave safe bowl, add condensed milk, cream, pinch of salt & chocolate.
Microwave in 1 minute intervals till the chocolate is completely melted and you have a smooth mixture
Crush some wafers, chopped nuts and add too the mixture and mix well (optional)
In small shot glasses, add 1-2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture. Wipe off any drippings. Cover the glasses with foil and chill for 1 hour or until completely set
Before serving, shave some chocolate or crush wafers and add on top