Basic classic chocolate brownies recipe made from scratch! You’ll never make a box mix ever again!
Happy 2015, people! Here’s wishing you an awesome year! 🙂
Everyone has his / her favorite classic chocolate brownies recipe. I’m a little biased towards this one. Made with the best quality cocoa, these brownie bars are anything but ordinary! I haven’t been able to get these brownies out of my mind for weeks.
Seriously. Lots of Chocolate in every bite. Can you stop yourself?
If you can, well, we can’t be friends anymore! 😉
Anyway, having an easy brownie recipe in your baking repertoire is priceless. It’s something that you can bring along to potlucks, office parties, birthday parties, and basically anywhere you need to feed a crowd some kinda dessert. And trust me when I tell ya, you don’t need to be buying brownie mix anymore. This literally takes as few as 4 ingredients.
Eggless Classic Chocolate Brownies – Printable Recipe
- 1 cup chopped Baking Chocolate / Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Butter (preferably unsalted) or Oil
- ⅓ cup plain Yogurt / sour cream
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of salt (skip if using salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract or Instant coffee powder (optional)
- Grease & line a baking pan. Preheat oven to 160 C (150 C if using convection oven)
- Melt chocolate and butter (or oil) together in microwave or using double boiler method. Mix well and let the chocolate liquid cool a bit. Keep stirring to avoid hardening of chocolate.
- Add yogurt / sour cream and vanilla (or coffee powder) and mix well.
- Sift all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and mix well to make a smooth batter. Don't mix too much else you'l end up with a bread like texture.
- Pour batter onto the baking pan. Smoothen the top.
- Bake at 160 C for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are cooked.
- Let them cool a bit and un-mold. Cut into sqaures, dust with powdered sugar if you like and serve.
- Brownies stay well up to 3 days.
Eggless Classic Chocolate Brownies – Step by Step Pictorials
Start off by melting some chocolate and butter in the microwave or using double boiler method. Make sure you have a smooth chocolate liquid.
Add yogurt, vanilla extract and mix well
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda & pinch of salt. Mix well to form a smooth batter. Add to the baking pan and smooth it out.
Bake at 160 C for 25 minutes or until brownies are fully cooked through.
Let the brownies cool a bit and cut into sqaures & serve!