This is my go-to homemade brownie mix recipe. When in hurry, I always rely on this cuz it is so quick to just whip up, bake, and dig in! 🙂
I like having this mix ready for whenever I need or want to make brownies. It is just so handy, you know? The brownies taste as good, if not better, as the boxed brownie mix. You can keep it in your cabinet for whenever a brownie craving hits. Or if you have a foodie friend, gift a jar of this homemade brownie mix to him or her and watch them go nuts over the brownies that “they’ve” baked! 🙂 The best thing about keeping some of this homemade brownie mix on hand is to be able to dump stuff in a bowl and make a chocolaty magic happen whenever you please.
To make brownies, all you gotta do is take a cup of this mix and add some eggs or yogurt and some oil or melted butter (i.e – give moisture and binding) and you’re all set!
Homemade Brownie Mix – Printable Recipe
- 2 and ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¾ - 1 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder (optional)
- Sift together all dry ingredients - twice. This ensure there are no clumps
- Place into a jar or airtight container. You can store it in your pantry - at room temperature
- This stays well up to 2 months
- Add ⅓ cup melted butter or vegetable oil - for moisture
- Add ½ cup yogurt or 2 eggs - for binding
- Add vanilla extract
- Mix to form a smooth batter
- Bake in 8X8 or 9X9 inch baking pan at 160 C / 325 F for 25-30 minutes
- Add melted chocolate into the batter
- Add chocolate chips
- Add nutella
- Add chopped chocolates like Snickers, Hershey's Kisses, KitKat etc.
- Add chopped nuts
- Add sprinkles
- and so on..
Homemade Brownie Mix – step by step Recipe
Sift together all the dry ingredients – twice
Mix everything well & ensure there are no clumps
Store in air tight container
Use as required