Learn how to make Coconut Milk at home with this easy to follow step by step recipe! And fair warning: You may never used the canned stuff ever again!
You weren’t supposed to see my pudgy, stout fingers. *Hides Face* Yes, those fingers are my bane of existence. Despite all those extra pounds in the wrong areas and a capsicum-like nose, I truly love all of me…. except these fingers! They just make me look …. weird! :-/ But, I really did like this concept of shooting Coconut Milk and didn’t find a suitable hand model at the time. So voila! Here you go — unveiling my hand for the world to see! 😛
But let’s focus on the Coconut Milk on my hand, shall we?
It is a breeze to make! All you do is grate the coconut, grind and squeeze out it’s juice! Do it once – you’ve got thick milk. Dilute it with a bit of water and do it again – you’ve got thin coconut milk!
Coconut Milk – Printable Recipe
- 2 cups Freshly Grated Coconut
- ½ cup Water
- Food Processor / Blender
- Add the coconut to a blender with 2-3 tablespoons of water
- Grind for 1-2 minutes till you have a smooth paste.
- Pass it through a sieve to extract thick coconut milk
- Add the coconut pieces back to the blender and add remaining water.
- Blend it again for 1-2 minutes & pass through the sieve to get thin coconut milk
- You can milk both kinds to have a normal consistency milk. Else, store both separately and use as required
- Store in air tight container (bottle) in the refrigerator upto a week.
How to make Coconut Milk – Step by step Recipe
Grate the coconut. (If you buy pre- grated coconut and freeze it, microwave to bring it to normal room temperature)
Add it to a blender / food processor along with a splash of water
Grind for 1-2 minutes
Pass through a fine sieve
Store in clean air tight container in the fridge upto a week