Sweet and Spicy Mango Jalapeno Salad in under 5 minutes!
Here is a quick, fresh summer salad to spruce up your day! This sweet and spicy mango jalapeno salad is everything you’d want in a light, healthy salad – it is quick, easy, has simple flavors and tastes delicious.
Add some grilled chicken or cooked beans to this and you’ve got a wholesome meal. In fact, it is so versatile that it serves as an excellent topping on burgers, nachos and pizzas too (of course, after cooking).
I personally love eating this with tortilla chips or as toppings on spicy burgers. How would you like to serve this?
- 1 and ½ cup diced Mangoes (refer notes 1&2)
- 1 Jalapeno Chilli - de-seeded & finely chopped
- ¼ cup Onions - finely chopped
- ¼ cup Tomatoes - finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro or Coriander Leaves - finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (adjust to taste)
- How to select the mangoes - Do not use a fully ripe or a fully raw mango. Select fresh mangoes that still have a slight crunch to them but are sweet too.
- Usually, 1 regular sized mango should yield 1 cup of diced mangoes. Depending on the size, your quantity can vary
- Depending on how spicy you want the salad to be, adjust the jalapeno quantities. If you like it really spicy, let the seeds be there. For a more subtle spiciness, remove the seeds and chop them up.
- To a mixing bowl, add the mangoes, jalapeno, tomatoes, onions, cilantro.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning if required.
- Cover the mixing bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend it.
- When the salad sits for 30 minutes or so, it will release some liquid (thanks to the salt and onion). You can either discard it or consume that as well. It is full of flavor!
- Serve as is or with tortilla chips. You can also use this as a topping for burgers.
There really are no steps! Just mix everything together, chill for 30 minutes (or overnight) and enjoy! 🙂