Soft-baked and brownie like Mini Chocolate Cupcakes made sans eggs and slathered with chocolate fudge frosting! Pat me on the back please!
You know, I’m starting to judge myself for sharing too my chocolate recipes with you.
Ha-Ha! Gotcha! Like I would ever apologize for my shameless obsession with the best ingredient in the whole world!
I’ll admit, my relationship with chocolate can be considered borderline weird, but don’t we all have that one little thing we love so much and can’t imagine how our lives would be without that thing?
For me, that thing is Chocolate. My best friend.
If I sit down to make a list of all the recipes I’ve made that have one or the other form of Chocolate in them, we’d be here for the rest of our lives. Why don’t I just redirect you to my archives.
These Mini Cupcakes are so far my favorite because a) they are so laughably easy to make, and b) They a TINY. I love tiny portions of anything as they make me feel good about eating “less”.
You can choose to decorate them if you want but they taste amazing without the frosting as well. Since Halloween is just around the corner, I decided to “try” my hand at making spooky cupcakes. As you can see – I failed miserably in my attempt! But they disappeared in no time! 😉
Mini Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe | Eggless Bakes | Party time treats
You’ll need –
Line mini cupcake pan with liners. Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F
Add powdered sugar to thick yogurt / curd and beat well
Add to the yogurt, baking powder, baking soda & a pinch of salt and mix well
Let it rest for 5 minutes. You’ll see air bubbles starting to form
Add oil and vanilla extract to the yogurt & mix well
Sift in flour and cocoa powder together
Mix gently until flour mixture is incorporated into the wet mixture.
Spoon the batter into each cup upto 3/4th of the mold.
Bake at 160 C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
Let it cool completely. Frost the way you like.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (adjust according to taste)
- ¾ cup thick yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Chocolate frosting (homemade or store - bought)
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- White Chocolate Chips or M&M Candies
- Mini Cupcake molds (or regular cupcake molds)
- Line mini cupcake pan with liners. Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F
- Add powdered sugar to thick yogurt / curd and beat well
- Add baking powder, baking soda & a pinch of salt to the yogurt, and mix well. Let it rest for 5 minutes. You’ll see air bubbles starting to form
- Add oil and vanilla extract to the yogurt & mix well
- Sift in flour and cocoa powder together. Mix gently until flour mixture is incorporated into the wet mixture.
- Spoon the batter into each cup upto ¾th of the mold.
- Bake at 160 C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely. Frost the way you like.
- Instead of Mini cupcake molds, you can use regular size cupcake molds or even a regular baking pan