These Mini Nutella Brownie Bites are a perfect party time treats!
Do you like brownies?
Do you like Nutella?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, then you’ll love these bite sized pieces of Nutella Brownies!
I need to search far and wide to come up with a recipe simpler than this one. Honest truth. How hard can it be to grab 6 ingredients – ones that are already in your pantry – throw them in a bowl – and mix? And Nutella —- well, do you really need a reason to stock this up in your fridge? Even a health conscious freak wouldn’t dare say no to Nutella!
So, this is how I made them. I made a batch of brownies. Except, I poured the batter into mini cupcake molds. And I added Nutella to the brownie batter! Boy, the cupcakes (or.. mini brownies) were so good looking, I swear I popped 4 of them even before I could photograph them!
You could absolutely serve them without the frosting. In fact, a little tiny bit of powdered sugar dusted on top would make for a very elegant treat. BUT – I really don’t like to give up on a chance to have more Nutella in my life. Which is why I decided to frost each of them with a little tiny bit of nutella and colorful funfetti!
Another reason why I think this is a great recipe is because a little bit of batter makes so many pieces! I gave away 20 of them and was still left with 10 more! And since they are so tiny and cute, you can really work on portion control… although, I wouldn’t recommend that! 😉
NUTELLA BROWNIE BITES Recipe
You’ll need –
Line mini cupcake molds with liners. Preheat oven to 160 C.
In a mixing bowl, mix all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and sugar.
Add the oil, buttermilk, melted nutella.
Mix well until the dry flour mix is incorporated into the wet and you have a semi thick batter.
Pour about a teaspoon of the batter into each mold. (until mold is 3/4th full)
Bake at 160 C for 20 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked through.
Let them cool for 20-30 minutes. Frost each cupcake with a teaspoon (or as much as you want) of Nutella
Sprinkle colorful funfetti or sprinkles or any edible decorations of your choice.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until use. (Stays well for 2 days)
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt (optional)
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar (adjust according sweetness required)
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Buttermilk (*note 1)
- ⅓ cup Nutella, melted in Microwave for 10 seconds. (use more or less according to taste)
- extra Water (only if batter is too thick)
- Funfetti or Sprinkles or Chocolate Chips
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- If you don't have buttermilk, beat ⅓ cup curd well and add water to loosen it to make ½ cup of buttermilk.
- Line mini cupcake molds with liners. Preheat oven to 160 C.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, melted nutella.
- Mix well until the dry flour mix is incorporated into the wet and you have a semi thick batter.
- Pour about a teaspoon of the batter into each mold. (until mold is ¾th full)
- Bake at 160 C for 20 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked through.
- Let them cool for 20-30 minutes. Frost each cupcake with a teaspoon (or as much as you want) of Nutella
- Sprinkle colorful funfetti or sprinkles or any edible decorations of your choice. Or you can simply dust powdered sugar on them and serve
- Serve immediately or refrigerate upto 2 days
- This batter will make about 24-30 mini cupcakes (depending upon your molds). Use the same batter to make 3-4 normal sized cupcakes or a 6 inch brownie.
- Frosting is optional. You can use powdered sugar to dust on top instead of nutella.
- Mini cupcakes will bake faster. If you're making as a brownie or normal cupcake, the baking timing would vary.
- For a microwave convection oven, reduce the temperature to 150 C or even 140 C to prevent a crust from forming on top. You will have to cook longer though.
- Stays well for 2 days, but nutella will harden so keep at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving