Remember these Double Chocolate Brownies? I claimed that they were the easiest thing to bake ever! Well, I was wrong. Here is a brownie recipe that is easier to follow, and equally delicious when baked! 😉 Impress your loved ones with this super easy, quick, delicious eggless brownies!
What exactly is a Nutty Chocolate Brownie? Okay, so get this: It’s a moist eggless brownie filled with chopped nuts (think walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews etc!) and topped with more nuts! You want them, don’t you? 😛 😀
These brownies require basic pantry ingredients and they take less than 45 min to prepare! Actually, your job is to mix them up. And that takes about 5 minutes or so. The rest is done by the Oven Lord! One of the best things about this recipe is that there is no definite way of mixing the batter. For example, you’ve got to cream the butter and sugar for fluffy cupcakes, right? Not for these Brownie-Babies! You have to pretty much mix everything up – in no particular order! 😉
NUTTY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES RECIPE | Eggless Chocolate Brownies
(Print this Recipe)
Prep Time: 5 min
Bake Time: 35-40 min
Bake Temp: 150 C / 300 F
Makes: 16 medium squares
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar (adjust according to taste)
1/4 cup cocoa powder (more or less depending upon how dark you want your brownies to be)
1/4 cup yogurt
4 TBsp oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
PREHEAT the oven to 150 C / 300 F
1. Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt together.
2. Add in oil, yogurt
3. Mix well (with a spoon or electric hand mixer) If the mixture is too thick add a few drops of water
4. Add in chopped nuts & mix well. (Save about 1 TBSP for topping)
5. Butter and line a baking tin
6. Pour in the batter.
7. Sprinkle the chopped nuts all over
8. OPTIONAL: if your oven burns the top of your cakes / brownies, you can cover the tin mouth with aluminium foil. But since I was baking at a lower temperature, I knew my brownie was safe. Hence, I skipped.
9. Bake at 150 C / 300 F for 35 – 40 min or until the brownies are done (Test: insert a toothpick / dry spaghetti in the center. If it comes out clean without any wet batter, it is done)
10. Let it rest for around 10-20 minutes in the tin. Loosen the edges of the tin with a knife and transfer to a plate.
11. Cut and serve once it is completely cool.
1. Once the final batter is mixed, taste and adjust the sugar / flour according to your taste BEFORE popping it in the oven.
2. All you need is a mixing bowl & a spoon. However, you can use an electric hand mixer if you wish.
3. If you like your brownies darker add more cocoa powder