Cool, creamy and delicious Oreo Milkshake is the perfect blend of vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and Oreos!
Welcome to the wonderful world of milkshakes!
Here, you’ll get the best of everything – ice cream, chocolates and a bunch of other oomph-adding treats!
This Oreo milkshake is the first of the very many milkshakes that I intend to bring to y’all on Foodomania. Milkshakes are what I call the amateur’s dessert.You need ZERO cooking skills to put this together. Not only is it easy, but it is also a universally loved dessert. Instead of serving a store bought ice cream or a piece of cake, why not spare 4 minutes of your time and make this Oreo milkshake for elevated palate pleasure? 🙂
Think of this post less of a recipe and more of an idea to create some stunning milkshakes. They will save you a ton of time!
Oreo Milkshake – Printable Recipe
- 1 cup (200 mls) Plain Vanilla Ice Cream - refer note 1
- 1 cup (200 mls) Milk (Whole milk or Skim or whichever you prefer) - refer note 1
- 4-6 whole Oreo Cookies
- ¼ cup Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- If you want a thick milkshake, you can use more ice cream and lesser milkshake. If you want a light, thinned milkshake, reduce the amount of ice cream and increase milk. I prefer a somewhat medium thick milkshake so I use an equal mixture of both
- You can use as many or as little Oreo cookies as you like.
- Chocolate Sauce is optional. If you cannot make or buy it, feel free to skip
- Bring the ice cream to room temperature by keeping it out for 4-5 minutes
- Add the ice cream, chocolate sauce and oreos in a blender and pulse 4-5 times till everything is smooth and creamy. Keep adding milk little by little and keep pulsing till you have a smooth milkshake.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- If you don't want the oreos to blend into a powder and want to retain the crunch, what you can do is smash the oreos into coarse pieces. Meanwhile, make the milkshake as usual without the oreos, then add these oreos to the milkshake, mix well and serve immediately.
- Adjust as much or as little oreos / chocolate sauce as you like
- If you don't have a mixer / blender / whisk, just let the ice cream soften even more. Then using wooden spoon, keep beating everything together furiously until everything is combined. However, break the oreo cookies into crumbs ahead of time and then add to the milkshake.
- Ideally, you should make milkshakes right before serving. However, if you have a party or get together and want to serve this to a large crowd, what you can do is make the milkshake, cover the bowl with a lid and keep in the refrigerator section. Take it out 5 minutes before serving. If it has become thicker than you want, then let it rest in room temperature for a few minutes, add milk and give the whole mixture a nice mix until everything is smooth. Taste and add more chocolate sauce if you want.
Oreo Milkshake – Step by step recipe
Roughly break Oreo cookies and add then to a blender / mixer. Add the vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce too. (My chocolate sauce was in the freezer so it solidified) – I used my own homemade vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce!
Pulse 5-6 times or until everything has combined to form a smooth mixture. Add milk little by little and pulse until you have your desired consistency.
Pour into serving glasses, decorate the top with an Oreo / broken Oreo cookies and serve immediately!