I have never been a big fan of Pasta. And then I made Marinara sauce at home. That entirely changed my opinion of Pasta! Honestly, if I were just boiling some Pasta and mixing with a ready to eat taste-maker provided with the pasta, how would it be good? I devoured a bowl of Pasta with my homemade Marinara sauce. So my statement stands corrected : I don’t like any Pasta. I only like pasta with a good sauce to complement it. And then.. an idea struck. I love Pizzas. And now, I’m beginning to love Pasta too. Why not just marry the two?!
And that is exactly what I did. I mixed pasta with the marinara sauce, added it to the pizza base, added some extra vegetables for the crunch, some cheese for the gooeyness and grilled it! This is 5 minutes to heaven y’all! You can make or buy Marinara sauce. (or use any pasta sauce, really) And the sauce stays well in the refrigerator. So it only takes under 5 minutes to put this dish together. And it is a fun dish! To bite into the pizza and be surprised with not the usual veggies is something I loved seeing on Mr. 23 inch waist’s face!
1 medium pizza base
1/2 cup cooked pasta
1/2 cup marinara sauce (or any sauce you like)
1/4 cup sliced Onions & Capsicum
Organo / Chilli flakes
1. Mix the pasta with the sauce
2. Add the pasta to the base. (no need to butter it) Sprinkle oregano & chilli flakes if you like.
3. Add the onions & capsicum for the crunch
4. Grate cheese all over the top as much as you like!
5. You can either bake it at 180 C for 15 minutes.
OR > Microwave it for 2 minutes & grill for 2 minutes. It tastes wonderful this way too!
- Don’t add too much pasta or a lot of vegetables. Add only as much as the base can take.
- Use any left over sauce
- Season it with as much oregano / chilli flakes as you like.