Yea.. I know what you’re thinking. This girl has gotten lazy! But I think people love one pot meal recipes! And to be honest, I’m not even blogging at the moment! (what you see/read here is a well thought out, pre-written post 2 months ago!) See! You didn’t even know I was on a break, did you? Well, I’ll be back in 10 days with lots of exotic recipes! Until then, please enjoy the simple and quick recipes that I share.
PEAS PULAO RECIPE | Indian Pea Pilaf Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
1 cup Basmati Rice (long, aromatic rice)
1 cup fresh peas**
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 green chillies slit lengthwise
1 onion, sliced
2 inch cinnamon
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp oil
1 TBsp Salt (or to taste)
1.5 cups water
** If you can’t find fresh peas, use frozen peas. Just thaw it out for 30 minutes before using in this recipe
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain the water.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, chilli, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, garlic and sauté well for a minute or 2.
3. Add in the onions & peas and mix well.
4. Add in the rice and mix well
5. Add water and salt. Mix well and taste the water for salt. (Water should be slightly saltier than you would like because as it cooks down, it is gonna become less salty)
6. Lid & whistle on the pressure cooker and cook until ONE whistle & turn off the flame immediately. Let that rest for at least 15 minutes until the cooker stops making noises! Once the pressure is out, you can open the lid.
7. Fluff it up and mix the spices completely with a fork / back of a spoon without breaking the rice. Serve with any curry!