Call me a cheater again, but I just could not wait to share this simple snack with you. I call ‘em Pie Sticks. Cute heh?
Because I made these with the leftover pie crust dough! — Brushed them with my homemade Piri Piri spice.
Baked them at 220C. — And ate them all by myself. Hot from the oven!
And let me add – these are so delicious! Crunchy, crispy, buttery and flaky!
PIRI PIRI SPICED PIE STICKS RECIPE
Roll out the pie crust dough into a thin sheet
Cut long strips
Mix some oil with Piri Piri spice mix
Brush all the strips with the Oil
Bake at 220 C for 6-8 minutes or until the sticks are golden brown and puffed up. While hot, sprinkle some more Pri Piri spice blend and serve.
(P.S: I over-baked them a little which is why they’re a little bit too brown. :D)
- Pie Crust Dough Sheet (or leftover)
- Piri Piri Spice blend (or any mix of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon Oil (Olive or regular Vegetable)
- Roll out the pie crust dough into a thin sheet & Cut long strips
- Mix some oil with Piri Piri spice mix. Brush all the strips with the Oil
- Bake at 220 C for 6-8 minutes or until the sticks are golden brown and puffed up. While hot, sprinkle some more Piri Piri spice blend and serve.
- Best made when you have dough leftover from making a pie or a tart
- Use store bought or handmade dough for the same
- You can brush these sticks with any of your favorite spice blend.