Peri peri or the Piri Piri spice mix is a relatively new term in my culinary world.
And I have to thank McDonald’s for getting me acquainted with this beauty of a spice!
Priced at 15 bucks a sachet, this over expensive exotic blend of spices succeeded in getting my attention – not just because they tasted mega awesome with my large bag of french fries (guilty!), but also because they tasted even better as “residues” left on my fingers!
I usually like to make a lot of blend of spices at home for 2 reasons – 1) It is cheaper 2) You can control the amount of salt and customize it to suit your taste!
Which is exactly what I did. This is my favorite Piri Piri spice mix recipe. And I’ve gotta say – it tastes exactly like store bought Piri Piri spice mix.
PIRI PIRI SPICE MIX RECIPE
You’ll need –
Just add all the powders to a mixing bowl
Mix extremely well to form a smooth powder
Store in air tight jars and for safety – in the fridge upto 2 months. 🙂
- 1 teaspoon Salt (I like to use Black Salt)
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon Cardamon powder
- ½ teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground dry Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground Cayenne Pepper or Piri Piri Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes (Chilli flakes)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Oregano
- You can adjust any spice amounts to suit your taste
- Just add all the powders to a mixing bowl
- Mix extremely well to form a smooth powder
- Store in air tight jars and for safety - in the fridge upto 2 months