Greetings, homo sapiens! Here you have the most delightfully delicious dessert – loaded with proteins!
I love the chocolate flavor protein powder. Every gram of this powder gives so much nutrition! And it fit beautifully into the recipe. There’s an added benefit of knowing you’re also adding considerable protein to your body along with the fat! 😉 😀 I’m DEFINITELY doing this again.
Use any protein powder you like.. or use Any chocolate powder…
Kufli or Qulfi, FYI, is the frozen dessert from the Indian subcontinent. It is similar to the western Ice cream. However, Kulfis are far more denser and creamier!! Slurp!
Bournvita Kulfi Recipe | Bournvita Ice Cream | Chocolate Powder ice cream recipe
(Print this recipe)
Prep time: 30 min
Chill time: 8 hours
Serves: 3 – 4
250 ml full fat milk
50 ml cream
1 TBsp corn flour
2 TBsp grams Protein Powder, plus more if you like it stronger (or use any kind of drinking chocolate powder like bournvita)
1 TBsp Cocoa Powder
3 TBsp Sugar (more or less depending upon your taste)
4-5 Chocolate chip cookies (optional)
1. Bring milk to the boil, let it simmer and reduce to half. Keep stirring every 5 min. It should take you about 20 min to reduce the milk to half.
2. Add bournvita, cocoa and sugar to it and let it dissolve well.
3. In a small bowl mix cornflour with half the cream, till it forms a thick paste.
4. Add to the milk mix and add the remaining cream to it. Stir continuously till the mixture thickens. (around 2-3 min on high) Check for sweetness
5. Add crushed chocolate chip cookies & mix well.
6. Pour into kulfi molds. (or Popsicle molds) Freeze for at least 8 hours before serving.
If you don’t have Kulfi or Popsicle molds, fill a plastic disposable cup with the mixture and cover it with aluminium foil tightly. Freeze for 8 hours.
Tear away the plastic cover. Be careful. Use a scissors.
Serve with chocolate sauce or some bournvita bits. Or just like that!
- The milk reduction will help keeping the crystals in the kulfi/icecream away.
- Plus, if you want a smooth kulfi, strain the mixture before adding cookies. But since I didn’t mind a few milk particles getting in the way, I skipped.
Verdict: It was unbelievably creamy, rich and delicious! It not only seduces visually, but makes you ooo and aah with every bite! 🙂