Here’s a super quick garlic bread recipe. It tastes as good as the authentic version but gets done in under 5 minutes!! Isn’t that wonderful? This is my go-to recipe for whenever I’m hungry and mom just wouldn’t cook any tasty snack for me! Actually, I think I’m gonna go toast a few quickly and come back.
This is made with regular bread. But you can use any kind of bread for this, really. If you use a french loaf, you’d get a more authentic looking garlic bread. But seriously, who cares about looks? I’m not gonna be judging ANYTHING that has garlic butter in it! I ♥ garlic!
QUICK GARLIC BREAD RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Makes: 4 slices
4 bread slices
5-6 medium garlic cloves, peeled & minced
1 TBsp softened butter
1 TBsp chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
a pinch of salt (if you’re using unsalted butter)
Cheese * optional
1. Melt butter and add minced garlic and chopped coriander/cilantro leaves and mix well.
2. Apply half of this butter mixture to one side of the bread slices and place them butter side down on a hot griddle / flat pan.
3. As it is roasting on one side apply the remaining butter on the upper side of the slices.
4. Let it cook on one side for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. When that’s done, flip over and cook a further 2-3 min.
5. Optional step: Once you flip over the bread slices to other side, you can add cheese slice on top and let the heat melt the cheese.
Tip: The longer you cook, the crispier it gets. But cook on low flame so as to not burn the garlic.