Aromatic roasted vegetable soup with with intense flavors of the roasted veggies is a healthy and hearty dish to include in your daily diet.
1) Use up all the vegetables in your fridge
2) Dump them onto a baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes.
3) Grind to a soup and flavor with salt and pepper.
Lo & Behold! You have a healthy and hearty soup ready! I’m an ardent soup drinker. And tomato veggie soup
is used to be my favorite…. until I found out this gem. Roasting the veggies in the oven (or the grill) to let it caramelize and develop a smoky flavor just amplifies the flavor of this soup by a 100 notches! So intense is the flavor that you don’t really need much to season it. Just some salt and pepper would give you an aromatic bowl of roasted vegetable soup that you’re guaranteed to love! And serve it with some crusty wholewheat bread to have a wholesome meal in itself!
Roasted Vegetable Soup – Printable Recipe
- 2 cups of mixed Vegetables, chopped roughly
- 1 Large Tomato, chopped roughly
- ½ cup Corn Kernels or Peas
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Oil (vegetable oil or olive oil)
- You can use whatever veggies are in season or whatever you have in your fridge. I used a mixture of -Onion, Bell Peppers, Tomato, Corn, Carrots, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Peas, Broccoli etc.
- If you wanna use green leafy veggies, make sure you roast them in the last 5 minutes only.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Roughly chop all the veggies you are using and add to a mixing bowl. Mix the oil to coat all the veggies.
- Dump the veggies onto the baking sheet. Spread them to one layer.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes. Remove and toss the veggies once. Again bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the veggies and add to a food processor / blender / juicer. Grind to form a smooth paste.
- If you want a smooth texture, pass the paste through a sieve. Add the paste to a soup pot / vessel. Add some water or vegetable stock to dilute it. Let it boil for 5-8 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper to suit your taste.
- Serve hot!
Roasted Vegetable Soup – step by step pictorial
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetable you like! Mix with oil and add on prepared baking sheet.
Roast in the oven at 180 C for 20-30 minutes or until the veggies have developed a nice color on them.
Pass them through a food processor or using hand blender, grind to a liquid. If required, pass them through the sieve to get a smooth liquid. Heat it up again for 5-10 minutes and flavor with salt & pepper!
Enjoy with some bread!
Other soups you will enjoy –
Chinese Noodle Soup