Step by step recipe to making an easy roasted veggie pizza at home!
I have lost count on the number of times I’ve had pizza. Every time a craving strikes, I either hit up Domino’s for one of their delicious pizzas, or I persevere and make my own pizza. Either ways, pizzas are soul food and one of my favorite things to eat / bake.
Consider this recipe for Roasted Veggie Pizza as a broad guideline to making your own version of this pizza. My only advice is – make the perfect dough and use fresh, seasonal vegetables. Fresh veggies make a world of a difference to the end dish.
While Pizza was somewhat of a delicacy that people ate during special occasions, it no longer is the case now. With outlets like Domino’s coming up with phenomenal kinds of pizzas so easily available at every area, you can satisfy your pizza craving any time any place. One such fabulous offer by Domino’s India is the new Everyday Value Offer. This offer is an attempt to increase pizza consumption in the country. The feeling to have a pizza is spontaneous and Domino’s wants its consumers to listen to their hearts and order their favorite pizza now that’s its available starting @ just Rs. 199!
Now, let’s learn how to make a pizza. And if you’re too tired to make one, just order one from Domino’s! 🙂
Roasted Veggie Pizza – Printable Recipe
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Instant Yeast
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (adjust to suit taste)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 2-3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Marinara or Pizza Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Thinly sliced Jalapeno
- Salt & Pepper (as required)
- ½ cup mixed veggies, sliced thinly
- Mozzarella cheese (or any cheese you have)
- You can use tomato ketchup instead of a pizza sauce too
- Use your favorite veggies. Options include - Onion, Bell Peppers, Tomato, Sweet Corn, Baby Corn, Mushrooms, Eggplant, Thinly sliced potatoes, Carrots
- Warm up the milk and butter together. It has to be lukewarm.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add the milk and butter mixture to the flour. Mix well.
- Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes until you have a smooth, elastic dough.
- Add the dough into an oiled bowl and make sure the dough-ball is well oiled.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let the bowl sit in a warm spot. The dough will double up in size in 45 minutes - 1.5 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, deflate and use as required.
- In a bowl, add the pizza sauce / ketchup. Add additional flavorings if required. Add butter, salt and pepper, green chilli and oregano to the sauce and heat it for a couple of minutes. Mix well and set aside.
- Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil. Oil it well and sprinkle some cornmeal or semolina. This will help remove the pizza easily and make cleanup easier too.
- You can roll out the dough using a rolling pin and transfer it to the baking tray. Or add the dough directly on the baking tray and spread it out to a thin layer using your hands. This will form a more rustic looking pizza.
- With a fork, poke some holes all over the dough to let the steam escape. Cover the pan loosely and let the dough plump up again for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F)
- Spread some butter on the surface of the crust. Add some of the prepared sauce and spread it all over the surface.
- Add the veggies on the surface. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, chilli flakes, oregano all over.
- Grate some cheese all over the veggies.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is cooked, the veggies are roasted and the cheese melts.
- Remove and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Carefully using a spatula, loosen up the pizza from all sides. Slice into desired pieces and serve with your favorite condiment
Roasted Veggie Pizza – Step by step Recipe
Heat milk and butter together such that the butter melts into the milk. The mixture should be lukewarm
Mix together the flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add the milk mixture and mix well.
Knead for 10-15 minutes to form a smooth & elastic dough. Add it to a oiled bowl, cover & let it rise for 45 minutes to an hour. It will have doubled up in size.
Add butter, ketchup, oregano, jalapeno, salt & pepper to the pizza sauce. Mix well and heat it a bit. Taste and adjust for seasoning if required
Deflate the dough. If it is too big, divide into 2 portions depending on how big or small a pizza you want
Add it to the baking tray a spread it out to form a thin crust. You can also alternatively roll with a rolling pin. Poke some holes with a fork on the surface of the crust.
Apply butter and sauce all over the surface of the dough. Add the chopped veggies and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
Grate some cheese all over the top. Bake at 200 C for 20-25 minutes of until the crust is cooked and the cheese has melted.
Let it cool for 5-10 minutes, use a spatula to loosen up the sides and cut into pieces and serve.