A shortcut to the classic marinara sauce.
Everyone should know / have his or her own version of the classic marinara sauce. This tomato sauce is so versatile, it goes with so many dishes. And if you’re pressed for time and still want to make a basic tomato sauce at home, this shortcut marinara sauce is just the recipe you need!
This shortcut marinara sauce is great on pizzas, with pasta, with bread or used as a dipping sauce with almost any snack you make!
Here is a quick video on how to make my shortcut marinara sauce. Feel free to experiment with the flavors –
Shortcut Marinara Sauce Recipe – Printable Recipe
- 1 medium Onion, peeled & chopped roughly
- 4 Medium ripe Tomatoes
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Jalapeno Chili / Hot pepper (adjust for spice)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Salt (adjust for taste)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable stock (adjust for consistency)
- Oregano, Parsley, Pasta seasoning etc
- To a blender / food processor, add onion, tomato, garlic, chili.
- Grind to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the puree to the oil and mix well.
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir every 1-2 minutes to avoid the sauce from sticking to the pan. Cook till the raw tomato smell no longer persists.
- Add water, vegetable stock and mix well.
- Add salt, sugar, ground black pepper and other spices and mix well. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Continue to cook the sauce for 3-4 minutes after the spices have been added.
- Switch off the flame. Use as required.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Reheat before serving
Enjoy this as a dipping sauce or mixed with pasta or on a pizza.