This recipe for S’mores Cookies calls for very few ingredients and makes for one of the best little treats ever!
This is like your everyday quintessential vanilla cookies recipe.
The only difference is that is one is better.
Butterscotch flavor runs through every bite, while the crushed graham crackers give an additional crunch to the cookie. And marshmallows and chocolate chunks take it up a notch. Who doesn’t like bite sized pieces of s’more-y goodness? You could skip the marshmallow and chocolate topping to make butterscotch cookies too. But why would you? The addition on top is what makes these cookies better than your average sugar cookies.
Eggless S’mores Cookies – Printable Recipe
- ½ cup (100 grams) Butter, soft at room temperature
- ⅔ cup Powdered Brown Sugar (or use regular powdered sugar) *adjust for sweetness
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Condensed Milk / plain Yogurt (egg substitute)
- 1 and ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup crushed Graham Crackers / Plain Biscuits / Cookies (for an extra crunch) *see note
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt (skip if using salted butter)
- Marshmallows - chopped into tiny pieces
- Chocolate - chopped into tiny squares
- Preferably use Condensed milk for a better texture. Yogurt can make the cookie cups slightly softer. If you like the soft-cookie texture, you can use yogurt
- Brown sugar gives a better taste. But any kind of powdered sugar is acceptable in the recipe
- Using graham crackers gives an extra crunch to the cookie cups. If you cant find graham crackers, use any kind of crunchy biscuits / cookies / crackers you can find. Or ski[p it altogether.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (If using convection, reduce to 160 or 150). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and crushed graham crackers, set aside.
- Cream together the butter with sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk (or yogurt) and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until your dough has come together to a soft ball.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. Roll into a neat ball. Place on the cookie sheet. Using your index, middle and ring fingers, gently flatten out the dough. If you want thicker cookies, don't flatten. You can make small or big cookies depending on how you like them. Place them at a distance of 1 inch from each other
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove, add some marshmallows and chocolate pieces on top of each cookie. Continue to bake for another 2-5 minutes.
- Remove. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy
- These cookies stay well at room temperature for 5-7 days.
- If you want softer cookies, bake for a total of about 10-12 minutes. I like my cookies on the crunchier side so I baked for a total of 15 minutes.
- The baking time really depends on your oven and how you like your cookies. So keep an eye out on the cookies from the 10th minute onward.
Eggless S’mores Cookies – Step by step pictures
Cream together the butter and sugar till you have a smooth creamy mixture (2 minutes).
Add condensed milk / yogurt, vanilla extract and beat again for 1 minute.
Add the flour, crushed graham crackers, baking soda & soda and mix to form a smooth dough.
Roll the dough into equal sized balls and flatten them neatly. Place each dough ball at a distance of 1 inch from each other. Bake at 180 C for 10 minutes
Place a chocolate and marshmallow piece each on top of every cookie
Bake for another 2-5 minutes. Remove. Let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve.