You will fall in love with every bite of these luscious ultra chocolaty, ultra moist, ultra fudgy snickers fudge brownies!
I solemnly swear that I had your waistline’s best interests at heart. But then I wanted to please your other senses so much so that I overlooked a teeny tiny fact – this brownies are just loaded with all the crazy good things!
Guess who just survived the first month of 2015 (which has been nothing less than brutal)…? Yours truly! As psyched as I was to get the new year rolling with the most fabulous plans, I just couldn’t accomplish what I set out to do. Not that these failed plans have me buried under a pillow or anything… Just a slight blow to the ego. Brownies are good for bruised egos, didjaaaa know that?? 😛
Anyway, these are just so good. If you’re into the fudgy kind of treats and you aren’t allergic to peanuts, you will luuuuurrrvvveeee my snickers fudge brownies.
I don’t want you to think twice before making this, okay? Trust me – it really is a wonderful. The recipe couldn’t be any easier. Building up on my classic chocolate brownies recipe, I’ve added some chopped snickers to the batter (and modified the batter itself – slightly). This will be extra-everything: sweet, chocolaty, fudgy, moist, gooey. But that is what is so great about these brownies. Feel free to play around with the candies you put in the batter; but take care of the sugar that goes in to – too much candy will make these too sweet and inedible. Subtle is good. Comprende?
And finally, I leave you with one more look into what these brownies look like –
Snickers fudge Brownies – printable recipe
- ¼ cup Soft Butter at room temperature
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain Yogurt / sour cream / fresh cream
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (plain flour)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (skip if using salted butter)
- ½ teaspoon Instant Espresso powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- Snickers Chocolate (at least 2-4 bars) - chopped into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F (make it 140 or 150 C if using a microwave convection oven). Grease & line a brownie pan (8X8 square tin preferably)
- Mix together butter, sugar, vanilla for 1-2 minutes to form a creamy mixture.
- Add the yogurt / cream and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, salt, espresso, baking powder & baking soda. Mix to form a smooth batter. Don't overmix or you'll end up with a bread like texture. You should have a thick, smooth batter.
- Add in most of the chopped snickers and fold them in.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking tin and smoothen out the top. Add some more finely chopped snickers on top of the batter and slightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are cooked completely (if you insert a toothpick / knife / dry piece of spaghetti in the center and it comes out clean without wet batter, it is done).
- Let the brownies cool completely. Un-mold, slice & serve
- Stays well up to 3 days in the fridge.
Snickers Fudge Brownies – step by step pictorial
Cream together butter, sugar & vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes until you have a creamy mixture.
Add the cream / yogurt and mix well (ooops! I switched the images by mistake while editing)
Sift in the dry – flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda. salt, espresso and mix to form a smooth batter.
Add in the chopped snickers and fold them in.
Add the batter into the pan and top with some more snickers. Bake at 160 C for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked through.
Let them cool completely. Slice & serve!
Loved these snickers fudge brownies? Here are some more –
A classic brownie never runs outta style
Put the sizzle back in the brownies
A Rocky road there