Make my spicy oven roasted chickpeas today! Only 4 ingredients to make this perfectly baked, high protein snack time treat!
Let me introduce y’all to this gobsmackingly delicious, healthy snack time treat! These are my spicy oven roasted chickpeas.
My obsession with beans is well known in my neighborhood. So much so that many a time, bean curries are sent across just for me to taste them! I’m not kidding! Kidney Beans and Chickpeas are my 2 all time favorite beans. That they come packed with goodness of proteins is just an additional benefit! I’d be eating them with or without the promise of proteins! 😉
Have you tried ROASTING beans? If you have an oven, do me a favor – dust it off and put it to good use! And start with these delicious spicy oven roasted chickpeas, will ya?
Spicy Oven Roasted Chickpeas – Printable Recipe
- 4 cups Cooked Chickpeas (you can cook yourself or use canned beans)
- 2-3 tablespoons Oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 2 teaspoons Salt (adjust to suit your taste)
- 4 teaspoons Mixed Spices *
- Red Chilli Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Piri Piri Spice
- Onion Powder
- Ground Black Pepper
- Cook the beans if not already cooked. Cook till the beans have a nice bite to them.
- Filter out the water. Dry the beans by placing them on paper towels. It is crucial to have dry beans.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220C / 425 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dried beans, oil and all the spices. Mix well to make sure the spices are coating all the beans
- Add the chickpeas to the baking sheet. Make sure they are on one layer.
- Bake at 220 C for 15 minutes.
- Remove and toss the beans together once. Taste and adjust for seasonings, if required.
- Continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let them cool completely & eat!
- To store, add cooled chickpeas to air tight container and store at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Spicy Oven Roasted Chickpeas – Step by step tutorial
Start off by cooking beans. Or you could use the canned stuff. Make sure to rinse the beans well and dry them in a towel.
Add oil and all the spices. Mix well.
Add the spice coated chickpeas on a prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 220 C for 15 minutes, remove – mix well and bake for another 15 minutes. If you want them slightly softer, bake for a total of 20-25 minutes only. If you want a really crunchy snack, bake for 30-40 minutes.
Let them cool completely. Enjoy!