Fresh Strawberry Agua Fresca or Strawberry Water to rejuvenate you!
Agua Fresca is just a fancy name for fresh water. And the combination of Strawberry and Lemon juice is … ***long whistles*** amazing!
You don’t need a recipe to tell you to puree some strawberries and squeeze some lemon into a jar and sweeten it up to your liking. But in case you didn’t know or haven’t ever tried this combination, you must drop everything you’re doing to go grab this refreshing drink!
Fresh fruit waters, or Aguas de Frutas, made with pureed fruit are a common drink all over Mexico. This recipe is extremely flavorful and refreshing, especially when fresh strawberries are in season. 🙂
Strawberry Agua Fresca Recipe | Fresh Strawberry & Lime Juice
You’ll need >>
Squeeze some lemon into a mixing bowl.
Add Strawberry puree and sweetener
Add water, Mix well and chill for at least 30 minutes
For serving, rub the used lime across the rim f the glass. Press the rim of the glass on a plate with some salt. Then pour cold juice ans serve with ice cubes if required!
- ½ cup Strawberry Puree (*Note 1)
- ½ Lemon Wedge (small size)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener, or as much as required (*Note 2)
- ½ cup Cold Water
- Leftover squeezed lemon wedge
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- Mint springs (optional)
- For the Strawberry Puree, pass about 4-6 fat strawberries through a blender or food processor until smooth. You can then pas sit through a sieve if you want a smooth drink. However, keeping small chunks makes the drink healthier and better.
- Use Powdered Sugar or Honey or Maple syrup or any sweetener that you use.
- Squeeze the lemon into a mixing bowl.
- Add Strawberry puree and sweetener
- Add water, Mix well and chill for at least 30 minutes
- For serving, rub the used lime across the rim of the glass. Press the rim of the glass on a plate with some salt. Then pour cold juice and serve with ice cubesand mint sprigs if required!
P.S: If you’re ambitious, you can grow your own Strawberries! 🙂
If you love beverages, check out these >>