Strawberry Cookies and Cream is a quick trifle like dessert with layers of stewed strawberries, whipped cream and crushed Oreo cookies! A crowd pleaser that takes literally no time to put together!
This is the kind of dessert that makes you wonder – you know, AFTER you’ve made it – why people don’t make this all the time – for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Besides obviously being such a visual treat, it will keep your tongue tingling … even hours after you’ve relished every bit.
Use fresh strawberries when they are in season to make my super easy homemade stewed strawberries. Trust me, they taste amazing with a dollop of whipped cream. I’m sure y’all have heard of Strawberries & Cream… Well, this is one way of serving that combination – with extra crunchiness of Oreo Cookies!
I didn’t really know what to name this dessert. Strawberry Cookies and Cream was just a compromise I had to make. I don’t want to mislead you in any way. We are NOT making “Strawberry Cookies” and serving them with cream. We are actually combining THREE ELEMENTS – Stewed Strawberries, Oreo Cookies AND Whipped Cream to form this elegant trifle like dessert.
Anyhoo—— You’re going to see just how easy it is to make this delicious trifle.
Strawberry, Cookies and Cream Recipe | Easy Trifle Desserts
First of all, you wanna make the strewed strawberries ahead of time so that you can assemble the dessert whenever you want. If you want, you can simply use cut up strawberries too.
Also whip cream with sugar and vanilla and keep it chilled until ready.
Take serving glasses and crush some Oreo cookies at the bottom.
Add some of the Stewed Strawberries or cut up strawberries on top of the cookies
Add a dollop of the whipped cream on top of the strawberry layer. You can also sprinkle some colorful funfetti / sprinkles on the whipped cream. Repeat the same layers till entire serving glass is full. Always finish with the cream layer
Cover with plastic wrap / aluminum foil and place the glasses in the refrigerator. Keep it chilled for at least 30 minutes. Serve as is or crush some more cookies on top.
- 250 grams / Half Pound / 8 ounces Strawberries
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sugar / Any sweetener of your choice (adjust to your taste)
- 250 mls / 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar / Any sweetener of your choice (adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Around 24 Oreo Cookies (preferably get the Strawberry flavored)
- Sprinkles / Confetti / Funfetti
- If you don't want to use / make stewed strawberries, you can use plain strawberries too. Make sure they are fresh and not too tart. Clean and cut them into slices
- Instead of whipped cream, you can also use your favorite cream
- Start by washing the strawberries well. Remove the leaf and stem and cut them into 4-6 small chunks. If you like to have huge chunks, then cut them in half or 3 slices.
- Add all the sliced strawberries to a cooking pan and place on medium heat. Stir the fruit occasionally. Within 4-5 minutes, you’ll see the berries start to release a lot of their juices. Continue to cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the strawberries start to look pulpy.
- Add your choice of sweetener and mix well. Let it boil for another 2-3 minutes. If you want them to cook further to a reduced mush, you can. If you want retain some physical appearance, switch off the flame.
- Let the fruit cool completely before using
- Pour cold heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Whip / whisk until you see soft peaks. Keep chilled
- In each serving glass, roughly crush 2 Oreo cookies and put in the bottom layer.
- Top off the cookie layer with 1-2 tablespoons of freshly cut strawberries / stewed strawberries
- Top off the Strawberry layer with a dollop of the whipped cream. You can also add sprinkles on top of the cream.
- Repeat the same layers till serving glass is full. Finish final layer with cream and sprinkles.
- Cover the glass and chill for at least 30 minutes. Keep the dessert refrigerated until serving.
- Before serving, decorate with crushed Oreo cookies and/or strawberries.
After Strawberry Cookies and Cream, you should also try —>>