This pudding is what I like to call, the ‘King of Desserts’. Featuring in every “Feast” my mum prepares on festivals, this is as easy to make as it is to consume! 😉 It can be eaten at any temperature so you dont have to wait until it chills in the fridge. But it tastes best when warm. There are of course many ways of making the same pudding. This once is my mum’s version which I find to be the easiest!
- ¼ cup - Pearl Sago (Sabudana)
- 1.5 cups Milk
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 6-8 Cashews, broken
- 1 tsp Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder
- ½ tsp Kesar (Saffron) OR (edible Orange Color) (optional. you can skip it & have the pudding in white color)
- Soak the sago pearls in water for about half hour. This makes it easier for them to cook fast while boiling.