Master the art of making nutella pancakes with this quick recipe tutorial. Seriously, these eggless pancakes will make your special occasion even more awesome!
A quick look into the history of recipes on Foodomania reveals at least 50% of them to be dessert recipes. And here I am – adding this nutella pancakes recipe to my awesome dessert collection. I sometimes feel like I seriously need to stop enticing you guys with recipes for your sweet tooth. Haven’t you had enough? But as it turns out, there can never be such as thing as “too-many-sweets”. The good news is – we are all old enough to exercise self-control (aren’t we? 😀 ). So here I leave you with an easy to prepare recipe and just a piece of my mind –
These nutella pancakes are simply scrumptious. Make them on a special occasion and not as your everyday breakfast; you’ll truly appreciate the minimalist flavors seeping through every bite. Enjoy! Chop chop!
Eggless Nutella Pancakes – printable recipe
- 1 cup All purpose flour (plain refined flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Instant espresso powder
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk (*refer note below for substitutes)
- 1/4 cup melted Nutella (use as much as you like)
- To serve – any of the below
- Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Ice Cream
- Buttermilk Substitute
- Use plain yogurt. Beat 1/4 cup yogurt till you have a smooth mixture. Add 2-3 tablespoons water to loosen the mixture and add to the dry ingredients
- Mix together all the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, salt, espresso powder, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Pass this mixture through a sieve twice.
- Add the oil, buttermilk (or buttermilk substitute) and nutella and gently mix everything together well enough to form a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon of butter on a pan. Pour a ladle full of the batter in the center of the pan.
- Let it cook on one side for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. You’ll know the side is cooked when you see bubbles all over the top of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove on a clean plate and continue with the rest of the batter
- You can stack 2 or 3 pancakes at a time.
- Drizzle some melted nutella / Frost the top pancake with the nutella paste/.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream / ice cream or simply as is.
- It is important to sift your dry ingredients twice at least. This will catch lumps, if any and ensure you have light & fluffy pancakes.
- DO NOT overmix the batter or you’ll end up with tough pancakes. Just gently mix till everything is combined and smooth
- Good quality non stick pan is preferred. You can even skip the butter to cook the pancakes if you have a good non stick pan
- If you want thicker pancakes, make a thicker batter by adding lesser buttermilk. Pour the ladle full of batter. Let the batter spread on its own. Do not do anything to it.
- These pancakes are best served warm. You can make the batter and store in the refrigerator up to 1 day in advance. But for best results, serve only freshly prepared nutella pancakes
Eggless Nutella Pancakes Recipe – step by step tutorial
Mix together the dry ingredients. Pass the mixture through a sieve twice. This ensures a nice texture.
Add the buttermilk, oil/melted butter and nutella and mix well.
Add a teaspoon of butter to a nonstick pan and pour the batter in the middle. Let it cook on one side on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
When you start to see bubbles on one side, flip it over and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Stack pancakes on a serving plate. Drizzle some melted nutella on top and add chocolate chips and serve warm! A dollop of ice cream would be perfect too!
For all the Nutella lovers out there, here are some mega-awesome recipes you could try out 😉