Simple butterscotch cake bars from scratch
- 1 and 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Powdered Brown Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Butterscotch Extract (or use vanilla)
- Mix together the powdered sugar and yogurt.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and mix well. Let the mixture rest for 3-5 minutes. You will see air bubbles appearing.
- Add the oil and butterscotch extract and mix well.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix to form a smooth batter. (do not overmix or you will end up with a chewy texture)
- Pour into a prepared and line cake pan (6 or 7 inch)
- Bake at 160 C for 30 minutes or until it is fully cooked through.
- Remove the pan and and let it cool completely before un-molding and slicing.
- If you want, you cake frost with your choice of chocolate or vanilla frosting
This stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American