use leftover roti (tortillas) and filling to make this grilled roti sandwich
- 4 Rotis / Tortillas
- 1 cup of your favorite filling
- 4 Tablespoons of your favorite sauce / condiment
- Vegetable Oil
- Grill Pan / Panini Press / Sandwich Toaster
- You can use leftovr roti / chapati / phulka or any tortilla you have on hand
Filling options – Make any filling you like. Below is the one I use for spring rolls
- 1 cup shredded Lettuce / Cabbage
- 1 cup mixed grated veggies (onion, carrots, capsicum)
- 2 Green Chilli, slit in the middle
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
Sauce / Condiments
- Choose a sauce / dip that goes with the filling you’re using. If you’re making the spring rolls filling, use a thai sweet chili sauce. If you’re using some Indian filling, go for a mint chutney.
Filling – you can make the below filling or use any leftover filling
- Heat oil and add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Fry for a few seconds
- Add the mixed veggies and fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and mix well. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the shredded cabbage / lettuce and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool.
To make the Grilled Roti Sandwich
- Brush a grill pan / toaster / panini press with some oil.
- Add some condiment / sauce all over the roti. To one half of the roti, add some filling. Wrap it into a neat tight roll.
- Place the roll seam-side down on the greased grill press. Brush the top with some oil and close the pan. Let it grill for around 3-5 minutes or until you like the texture of the sandwich.
- Remove, cut it into 2-3 pieces and serve with your favorite sauce.
- Category: snack
- Cuisine: indian