Using marshmallows, make this beautiful and tasty nutella mousse in no time at all!
- 1 cup Milk (refer note 1)
- 1/2 cup Marshmallows (use mini or chop into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/3 cup Nutella (plus more, if required)
- 1 cup Whipped Cream (refer note 2)
- You can use half milk and half cream to make it even more richer
- Use 1/2 cup whipping cream to make 1 cup whipped cream.
- In this recipe, you can use unsweetened whipped cream too since Nutella is extremely sweet.
- If using sweetened whipped cream, adjust amounts of nutella accordingly
Note 3 – Sugar
- You don’t need to add any sugar because Nutella and Marshmallows make this sweet enough.
- Add marshmallows, cream, milk, butter to a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook till the marshmallows have dissolved into the milk mixture. The texture should be thick – like that of a custard.
- Add nutella and mix well. Taste and add more if required. Mix it and let it cool a bit.
- Add some whipped cream and fold it into the mixture.
- Add some nutella at the bottom of a serving glass. Add the mousse filling. Top it off with some more nutella.
- Cover the glasses and let it set in the freezer for an hour or two.
- Serve cold. This stays well in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French