- 4 small Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups fresh Spinach leaves – washed well
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander seeds (dhania) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup Water (adjust as per need)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Griddle / Tawa
- Vegetable Oil
- Condiments – ketchup, pickles, yogurt etc.
Preparing the Sweet Potatoes
- Wash sweet potatoes well.
- Add to a pressure cooker, cover with water.
- Close cooker with lid and put the whistle on.
- Cook for 10-12 whistles or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Let them cool completely.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash them well.
Preparing the dough
- Chop spinach leaves finely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, mashed sweet potatoes and spinach leaves. Mix well.
- Add the rest of seasoning and mix well.
- Add the water, mix and knead to a smooth dough (10 min).
- Add the oil and knead well.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen cloth and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
Making the Sweet Potato & Spinach Roti
- Divide dough into equal portions. Roll into neat balls.
- Place each ball of dough on a clean work surface and flatten it.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour on it.
- With a rolling pin, roll into a thin, round roti
- Heat a gridde pan / tava
- Place the roti in the center
- Let it cook on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Flip and cook for another 30 seconds
- Add 1 -2 teaspoons veg oil around the roti.
- Press the roti down and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip again, press the roti down and cook for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove on a clean plate
- Serve with your favorite condiment.
- Store leftover dough in a clean air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.