- 1 Tbsp Veg Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chana dal
- 1 Tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Hing (Asafetida powder)
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 3–4 chopped Green Chilli
- Handful Curry Leaves
- 2 cups Sliced Onions
- 1 tsp Haldi (Turmeric Powder)
- 1 Tbsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 4 Boiled Potatoes – peeled & mashed
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add chana dal & urad dal. Fry for 1 min
- Add Hing, Green Chilli, Grated Ginger & fry for 1 min
- Add sliced onions, salt & turmeric. Fry on medium heat for 5 minutes until onions have reduced & browned.
- Add mashed potatoes & mix well. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve.
- If you want to serve this as a gravy, add 1-2 cups water and mix well and boil for 3-5 minutes. Adjust seasoning if required.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Indian