Fresh chilled mango puree flavored with cardamom
- 1 Large, Ripe Mango
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder / Dry Ginger Powder (elaichi or sonth)
- 2 strands of Saffron (kesar)
- 2–3 Tablespoons Sugar or Jaggery – optional, to suit taste
- 1/4 cup Milk or Water – optional
- Scoop out the mango flesh and add to a food processor.
- Add the crushed saffron, cardamom powder or ginger powder, sugar / jaggery and blend to a smooth puree.
- Taste and add more sugar if you want.
- Chill it for at least an hour.
- If you don’t want thick Aamras, dilute with chilled milk or water. Else, serve as is.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian