- 2 Boiled Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 cup of grated carrot & cabbage
- 1 cup sliced onions (use spring onions if you find them)
- 1 cup thinly sliced capsicum (bell pepper)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 cup bread crumbs (or 2 tbsp cornflour)
- 3–4 tbsp chopped coriander / cilantro
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tsp salt (adjust according to taste)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable or olive oil
I. For the potato Manchurian balls
- PREHEAT OVEN to 200 C / 450 F
- In a mixing bowl, and add potatoes, 1 chopped green chili, carrot, cabbage, 1/4 cup onions, 1 tsp garlic & 1 tsp ginger.
- Mix and mash well.
- Add 3/4 cup of bread crumbs and mix well. (if the mixture is too sticky, add more) – alternatively, you could also add 2-3 tbsp cornflour until the mixture binds well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (about 1 tsp each)
- Make equal size balls and place in an oiled baking pan.
- Drizzle about 1 tsp oil on each ball.
- On a preheated oven, bake these for about 30-35 min or until the balls look golden and crispy.
II. Make the sauce
- Heat 1sp oil and add the rest of the onions, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 chopped green chilli.
- Sauté until the onions look golden brown. (Around 1 min on high)
- Add in the sliced capsicum and sauté for around 1.5 min
- Add in 1 tsp vinegar and 2 tsp of soy sauce. Mix well
- Add enough water to just cover the veggies. Let that boil for about 3-4 min
- Season with enough salt and pepper (as per your taste)
- * TIP: If the sauce is too water-y, mix 2 tsp cornflour with a few drops of water, add it to the sauce and keep stirring until it thickens.
- Add the chopped coriander (save some for garnish) and mix well.
III. To serve
- Place the potato Manchurian balls on a serving bowl.
- Pour the prepared sauce all over it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can have this with bread, fried rice, noodles or as it is!