Baked Potato Wedges
Enjoy a big plate of spicy baked potato wedges with your favorite condiment! These roasted fries take almost no time to prepare and are hard to resist!
Potatoes are humble vegetables. Inexpensive and incredibly flexible, they make for some of the best savory food creations.
Take these baked potato wedges for example. These spicy, crispy, roasted potatoes are all you need out of comfort food. And because they’re baked, you’re doing yourself a favor by cutting out all the fat. Still not the healthiest dish around, I’ll admit. But when you go high on starch, you could benefit from reducing the fat at the very least, yeah?
You can use your favorite combination of spices to customize these wedges the way you want. In fact, I always like experimenting with the seasoning, just so that I could enjoy the variety. These extra crispy baked potato wedges are quickly becoming a Friday-night staple. I freaking adore them and I’ll bet you would too! 🙂
Spicy Roasted / Baked Potato Wedges Fries – Printable RecipePrint
Baked Potato Wedges
- 4 Large Potatoes (preferably Russet)
- 2–3 Tablespoons Oil (Vegetable or Canola or Olive Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (adjust per your taste)
Herbs & Spices
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Pepper Flakes / Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1 teaspoon Piri Piri Mix / Italian Seasoning / Garam Masala
You can also use your favorite combination or spices and adjust as per your taste.
Pre-cook the potatoes – Helps in baking faster.
- Wash the potatoes extremely well.
- Place in water and bring it to a boil for about 10 minutes. Or you can cook in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Or wash the potatoes and place on a microwavable plate. Microwave them for about 10 minutes.
- Basically, cook the potatoes until they are mostly cooked through, but still have a bite to them.
- Let them cool. Peel the skin if you wish.
Preparing the potatoes
- Cut the Potato in half. Cut each half of the potato in half. And cut each of this quarter into large wedges.
- Add all the cut wedges into a bowl. Add 3-4 Tablespoons of Oil and toss them well.
Making the potato wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 425 F. Cover baking sheets with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet, making sure that they are all in one layer.
- Bake them on one side for 10-15 minutes. Remove the pan and carefully flip the potatoes. Continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until the wedges are crispy roasted and golden brown. This prevents one side from developing too much color.
- Remove the wedges onto a mixing bowl. Add all your favorite herbs and salt. Toss them together.
- Serve hot with your favorite condiment.
- You can add the spices and then bake the wedges too. There is, however, a risk that the spices may burn.
- These are crunchy and best served hot. If you are preparing them ahead of time, toss them with some more oil, re-bake at 200C for 5-8 minutes until they get crispy again before serving.
- Category: side
- Cuisine: American
Spicy Roasted / Baked Potato Wedges Fries – Step By Step Pictures
Cut the potatoes into wedges. Follow the images for tutorial
Toss with oil.
Place on the baking sheet and bake on each side for 15 minutes or until each one is golden brown.
Add salt and mixed spices and give a good toss
Looking for more snacks?