Best of 2012
Will you judge me if I said I believed the world would end in 2012? 😛 I’m just glad I lived to see 2013! And more so glad because I get to erase all my mistakes of this year and start afresh in 2013. Which also means you’re going to find a lot more (healthy) food on Foodomania! 🙂 I believe it is an unspoken tradition amongst most Bloggers to look back on the year and compile a list of favorite (recipes), popular (recipes / posts) and so on. So here’s mine!
5 MOST POPULAR RECIPES OF 2012
Based on the data I pulled off of Google Analytics, here are the 10 most popular recipes on Foodomania:
1. Chocolate Lava Cake | Molten Chocolate Cake – No surprises there! This post is responsible for pulling over 500 visitors to my blog (AND the previous blog) every single day! And the traffic has still not stopped! I have yet to post a recipe as popular as this one! 🙂
2. Homemade Milk Cheese / Mawa / Khoya – For some reason, this recipe (well.. it is a How-To post) on how to make Khoya cheese at home also happens to attract a large crowd. I find it strange that I spend hours toiling on elaborate recipes such as these while all people need are simple recipes! 🙂 And I’ve decided to give in to the viewer demands! 😉
3. Chocolate Fudge Brownies – Finally a recipe I believe is worthy of being in top 10! 🙂 These egg free chocolate fudge brownies are easy to bake and taste amazing! If you’re new to my blog, you MUST check this out!
4. Chocolate Griddle Cake – Don’t have an oven? So what? Make your cake on a griddle! I prefer my griddle cakes as a quick fix rather than microwave cakes!
5. Stuffed Bread Loaf – I’m glad a non-Chocolate recipe still gets viewers! I was beginning to think if there’s no Chocolate in the recipe, it won’t appear in the top 10! I made bread from scratch…. for the very first time. But I didn’t just make a normal loaf. I stuffed the loaf with caramelized veggies to give it a unique taste.
My Favorite Recipes of 2012
I have always been in and out of the kitchen making whatever I want. But 2012 is the year I really took an active interest in food. And I’ve tried cooking cuisines I’ve never even tasted! That says a lot about my ‘growth’ as a food blogger, don’t you think? 😀 Here are my favorite recipes from 2012:
1. Arisi Koozhu – If you have a ‘what-the-f**k‘ kind of expression, let me explain. I LOVE this dish. I REALLY REALLY DO! I don’t guarantee you will too. But personally, I would give up a huge slice of the most decadent piece of Chocolate Tart for a hot bowl of this porridge! Go figure!
2. Chocolate Mousse Caramel Ganache Cake – I wouldn’t make this every week. Heck, I wouldn’t even make this every month. But I love this recipe not just because of the mindbogglingly good taste; but because of how many hours of hard work it took to make this cake myself. I’m not saying it is difficult. But a ‘go-as-you-figure‘ kind of recipe is risky if you’re making a decorative cake… especially 6 hours before a friend’s birthday!
3. Domatesli Pilav ~ a Turkish Rice – I loved the simplicity of Turkish cuisine so much so that I’ve tried the flavors in so many different ways! 🙂 This is nothing but a Tomato Rice Turkish style!
4. Jalapeno Fritters – Spicy and deep fried. That’s reason enough! 😀
5. Protein Powder Kulfi – Kulfi is the Indian Ice cream. The fact that I made it with Protein Powder reduces the guilt a little bit…. And that is why, it is MY favorite recipe! 😀
Well, that’s it. I hope you all have a wonderful new year filled with healthy food! 😀