Okay my friends, if you haven’t tasted / cooked with brown sugar ..… what is wrong with you? Jusssssst kidding. 😀 It is unheard of; but if you’re one of “those” averse to Chocolate, I have a great recipe for you! These are Chocolate-less Brownies, also known as Blondies or Blond Brownies!
Brown Sugar is the star of this recipe. The taste is definitely much better than regular sugar! And it lends a wonderful color to the ‘Blondie’. If you haven’t already tried it, I hope this recipe inspires you to do so! 😉
I would love to stay & chat with y’ll… But I’m so busy these days, I hardly find time to cook, let alone edit pictures & post the recipe! (finally.. after months of inactivity! :P)
Let’s get started. Here’s what you’re gonna need to make these divinely delicious Blondies : –
Pre-heat oven to 150 C / 300 F
If you wanna use nuts, add a spoon of all purpose flour to the chopped nuts & give it a mix. Set aside
Mix milk, oil & vanilla
Sift in flour, baking powder & baking soda. And add the brown sugar. (My brown sugar was granulated. I used it as it is)
Mix in the flour to make sure everything is incorporated and the sugar is somewhat dissolved. (Don’t over mix, or you’ll get a bread like consistency)
Add the nuts & fold them into the batter.
Pour the batter into a greased & lined 8 inch pan (I used square tin)
Bake @ 150 C for 30 minutes or until the Blondies are fully cooked through.
Let that rest in the baking tin for 10 minutes & then loosen the edges & take it out.
Slice & serve.
- 1 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Milk (or more, to adjust)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150C / 300F
- Grease & line an 8 inch baking tin.
- Add 1 tsp of flour to the chopped nuts & mix & set aside (prevents nuts from sinking to the bottom of the cake)
- Mix milk, oil & vanilla essence
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt
- Add the brown sugar.
- Mix well to combine the dry & wet & make a smooth batter. If the batter is too thick, loosen with a few spoons of milk
- Pour into the baking tin & bake @ 150 C for 30-35 minutes or until it is fully cooked. To tell if it is done, insert a toothpick or dry piece of spaghetti into the center. If it comes out clean without leaving wet batter, it is done.