- 1 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Milk (or more, to adjust)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150C / 300F
- Grease & line an 8 inch baking tin.
- Add 1 tsp of flour to the chopped nuts & mix & set aside (prevents nuts from sinking to the bottom of the cake)
- Mix milk, oil & vanilla essence
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt
- Add the brown sugar.
- Mix well to combine the dry & wet & make a smooth batter. If the batter is too thick, loosen with a few spoons of milk
- Pour into the baking tin & bake @ 150 C for 30-35 minutes or until it is fully cooked. To tell if it is done, insert a toothpick or dry piece of spaghetti into the center. If it comes out clean without leaving wet batter, it is done.