For the Basil Pesto
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves (Tulsi)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (To taste)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (Caprese calls for olive oil. But if you don’t have it, you can use any vegetable oil)
- 1 Pizza Base (I used the wholewheat kind)
- 1 fresh Tomato (sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh Mozzarella (cubed)
- Hot pepper flakes (to garnish, if you like it spicy)
For the Pesto
- To a blender, basil, salt, pepper & olive oil. Blend to a fine paste.
Making the Pizza
- Apply the pesto all over the Pizza base
- Arrange tomato slices & mozzarella on it.
- At 200 C, put it under the broiler for 4-5 minutes. If you don’t have the ‘broiler’ option, your oven might come with a ‘Grill’ option. Grill it for 4-5 minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
- Slice & serve hot
- If you like it spicy, garnish with hot chilli flakes
- Cuisine: Italian