Caprese Salad Skewers
Do you know what is better than the fresh, Italian Caprese Salad?? Well, it’s this salad on a skewer! 🙂
Making a salad has never looked better or cuter with these Italian Caprese Salad Skewers! It’s nothing out-of-the-ordinary, but a little extra effort to assemble the components of the salad on a toothpick or stick or skewer, really makes it a great experience to eat! You should eat this fresh, although if you do have large parties and want to serve this, then assemble the components and refrigerate upto 6 hours.
Caprese Salad Skewers is literally a salad assembled on stick! The basic components you’ll need to make this are – tomatoes. mozzarella, basil leaves. You can also use a balsamic vinaigrette to spruce up the salad with a nice sour flavor. I usually love using baby tomatoes and bocconcini (which is the mini version of fresh mozzarella) in this recipe, just because it makes it easy to prep – no need to cut the tomatoes or the cheese!
Here’s a quick video on how to make the caprese salad skewers in under 10 minutes –Print
Present the classic Italian Caprese Salad in a fun, innovative way!
- 10 Baby Tomatoes
- 10 Bocconcini or bite-sized pieces of Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegarette
- Clean Toothpick or Skewers
- If you don’t have baby tomatoes, dice the tomatoes to 2-3 inch cubes. Make sure your bocconcini or mozzarella and tomatoes are of similar sizes.
- Take a clean toothpick – Fold a basil leaf and pass it through the toothpick
- Pass the Baby Tomato (or pieces) through the toothpick
- Then pass the mozzarella piece through the toothpick
- Finish that layer with Basil Leaf
- Repeat as much as you want. Place all the skewers/toothpick on a plate
- Garnish with the vinegarette (as much or little as you want)
- Cover with plastic wrap, keep it chilled for at least 30 minutes
- Serve fresh!
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: caprese salad, caprese salad recipe
If you liked this fun Caprese Salad Skewers recipe, do leave a comment down below with your thoughts! ? You can also have my recipes delivered to your inbox or follow me on social media – YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or TikTok.
Until next time,