Delicious and easy to make caramel-stuffed chocolate cake bombs!
- 1, 6 inch chocolate cake, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Ganache
- 1/4 cup chopped Chocolate (optional)
- 1/4 cup Solidified Caramel
- Chocolate Sprinkles – for decoration
- Chocolate Ganache – heat equal parts cream and chcoolate together and mix to form a smooth sauce
- Solidified Caramel – I froze homemade caramel overnight. Use any caramel or dulce de leche that can be rolled into a ball.
- Crush the cake with a fork or your fingers.
- Add some chopped chocolate, chocolate ganache and mix well. The mixture will be sticky yet not runny.
- Cover and freeze for 20 minutes. The cake mixture should be thick.
- Take 1-2 Tablespoons of the mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Create an indent in the center.
- Place some solid caramel in the center and bring the cake mixture around it.
- Re-roll into a neat tight ball.
- Roll the ball in some chocolate sprinkles.
- Repeat with rest if the mixture. Place all cake bombs in an airtight container and freeze until set. (2 hours or overnight)
- Caramel-stuffed chocolate cake bombs ready to be served.
- If the cake mixture is a bit too runny to be formed into balls – even after freezing – then add some more cake and mix well.
- Always keep them refrigerated. These stay good for 1 week.
- Category: Dessert