- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk or Buttermilk (plus some more if batter too thick)
- 1/3 cup thick Caramel sauce * (homemade or store bought)
- Buttermilk substitute – beat 1/4 cup of yogurt to smooth paste and mix another 1/4 cup water with it
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line mini cupcake molds.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil, buttermilk / milk and mix to form a smooth brownie batter.(DO not over mix or you’ll end up with a bread like texture). If batter is too thick, add & mix additional spoons of milk / buttermilk to loosen up.
- Fill about 3/4th of the cupcake molds with the batter
- Add about a teaspoon of thick caramel sauce in the center of each brownie.
- With a knife, just swirl the sauce into the batter
- Bake at 150 C for 18-20 minutes (25 minutes if baking as a whole brownie) or until the brownies are completely cooker through.
- Let them cool completely before serving!
- If you want to bake as a 8X8 brownie, pour the entire brownie batter in the pan. Flatten it out. Drop dollops of Caramel Sauce in different place all over the top of the batter. With a knife swirl the caramel sauce into the batter. Bake at 160C for 25-30 minutes or until completely done
- Alternatively, you can simply add the caramel sauce to the batter and mix it. It will still taste similar with the swirl pattern
- If baking in convection oven, reduce temperature to 150C and bake longer to avoid cracking of the tops
- (You can also use your own brownie batter recipe.)