Chewy Chocolate Brownies
There are 3 kinds of brownies – Cakey, Fudgy & Chewy. Chewy being the least of my favorite. But who can say no Chocolate huh? 😀 Especially a brownie as dense and choclaty as this one?
The chewiness seems to come from a couple of different factors: more all-purpose flour, whose proteins provide “bite” to the brownies. Secondly, the fact that the batter isn’t as runny as other brownie / cake batters.
Let’s get started. Its really simple. Mix the dry and wet together!
Here’s what you’re gonna need –
Preheat your oven to 160C / 320 F
Mix the oil, water & vanilla
Mix the dry – flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder & salt
Sift in the dry into the wet with a sieve.
Mix the dry mix into the wet to form a thick batter
Line a baking (8inch) pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and flatten out as much as possible
Bake @ 160C for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked through.
Let it cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove & let it cool completely. Slice and serve.
- 1 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 160C / 320F
- Grease & Line an 8 or 9 inch baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients – flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder & salt.
- Mix wet in another bowl – water, oil & vanilla
- With a sieve, sift the dry mix into the wet mix.
- Combine everything well to form a thick batter.
- Add the batter to the baking sheet & flatten / even it out as much as possible.
- Bake @ 160C for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked through. (To tell for doneness, insert a toothpick or dry piece of spaghetti into the center. If it comes out clean without leaving any wet batter, it is done)
- Category: Dessert