Chickpea Pesto Sandwich
Chickpea Pesto Sandwiches. Mindblowingly Tasty. Amazingly healthy. And quite easy to make too! 😀
Here’s a sandwich that you should be eating all the time! Seriously!
My verdict? Pretty good for people who appreciate food. But not a big hit among kids. Especially if they’re used to always having a cheese sandwich or a deep fried snack! However, it is a delicious and healthy sandwich! And if you train your palate enough, you’ll start enjoying this like I do!
Chickpea Sandwich – The Recipe
In a small pan, roast the coriander seeds.
Add it to a blender / food processor
Add the chickpea, a bit of Paneer (optional) & grind for a minute.
Open, add the rest of the ingredients (except the baguette of course)
Grind for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth pesto.
This is you filling! If chilled for 30 minutes, it tastes even better.
Warm your Baguette for a few minutes. Cut open from the middle.
Fill with the Chickpea pesto
Stuff with tomato slices.
For the Chickpea filling
- 1 cup boiled Chickpea / Garbanzo Beans (or use the canned ones)
- 1/4 cup Paneer (cottage cheese) (optional)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped onions
- 2 TBsp Basil or Mint
- 1/4 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds (to roast & powder) (or use ready made powder)
- 2 tsp Mayo (optional)
- 1 Baguette (or any bread can be used)
- Tomato slices for topping
- In a small pan, roast the coriander seeds & Add it to a blender / food processor
- Add the chickpea, a bit of Paneer (optional) & grind for a minute.
- Open, add the rest of the ingredients (except the baguette of course)
- Grind for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth pesto.
- This is you filling! If chilled for 30 minutes, it tastes even better.
- Warm your Baguette for a few minutes. Cut open from the middle.
- Fill with the Chickpea pesto
- Stuff with tomato slices & Serve!
A note on chickpeas:
- If you can’t find the canned garbanzo beans, use the dry beans. Soak the beans overnight & boil in water until the beans are cooked well.
- You can use this concept to make any kind of flavor that you like
- It may seem odd to not “cook” the filling. But the beauty of the sandwich is it involves no cooking!
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American