For the Cheesecake Mixture
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- a pinch of Baking Powder
For the Brownies
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup plain Yogurt (or Curd)
- 2–4 tablespoons Milk / Water (if batter is too thick)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (any kind)
Note – Cheesecake mixture
- In case you DON’T have cream cheese, simply curdle 500mls of milk by bringing it to a boil and adding 1 teaspoon Vinegar. Once milk particles separate from whey, filter it out and wash it once. Then grind it to a smooth paste
- In case you eat eggs, you can make your cheesecake mixture by adding 1/2 of an egg yolk for a richer version. But it doesn’t matter even if you don’t add the egg. I skipped it
For the cheesecake mixture
- In a blender / mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, baking powder and grind to a smooth paste. Set aside
For the Brownies
- Grease and line a 8X8 inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 170 C / 345 F. (If you’re using convection oven, turn down temperature to 150 C / 300 F.)
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add oil, yogurt, vanilla to the dry mix and mix to form a smooth batter. Do not over mix or you will end up with a tough brownie texture.
- Add about 1/4 cup of Chocolate Chips and fold into the mixture.
- Pour half the batter on to the prepared baking pan. Tap it to get even layer.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips all over. Drop spoonfuls of cheesecake mixture all over the brownie batter in various places.
- Pour the remaining half of the batter over the cheesecake mixture. Use a spatula to even out the top layer.
- Using a knife, dip into the batter completely and make swirl patters. Again tap the pan to make sure everything is even.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean without leaving any wet batter.
- Let the brownie cool completely. Loosen the edges and take the brownie out. Cut into squares. If you want, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Stays well at room temperature for 2 days and in the fridge upto a day. Warm it slightly before having.