Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
These chocolate crinkle cookies are the perfect little treats to bake for the Holiday season! A chocolate dough rolled in powdered sugar and baked into a festive black and white cookie!
Chocolate makes my soul sing….♬♬♬ traaa la la la ♬♬♬
Chocolate fills me with so much of joy and satisfaction that I often like to put on my Santa cap and distribute this joy with random people on the street. No.Kidding. These crinkles are like an army of teensy chocolate soldiers – they fight the great fight of fulfilling any chocolate craving, no matter what! And if you just drizzle some chocolate ganache over these – you know, for extra oomph – then there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to stop at one!
With these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, I bring you yet another phenomenally awesome cookie recipe – one that is so freaking easy that even your unborn grandkid could make! And if you can look past my occasional exaggeration, you’ll see this recipe for what it truly is – a traditional Christmas cookie, now simplified and accessible to all the amazing people of this world!
And now. Go homo sapiens. Go spread the joy. Make some crinkles. And give them away as edible presents! Keep reading for the recipe – 🙂
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – printable recipePrint
- 1/4 cup Butter, soft at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust for sweetness)
- 3 Tablespoons plain Yogurt / Sour cream (*keeps the cookies slightly soft)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder (optional)
More Powdered sugar to roll the cookies in
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and instant espresso powder, set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, add the vanilla and yogurt and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix them in long enough to combine.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F / 180 C, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper / aluminum foil and set aside.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, form little balls of dough and coat them in the confectioner sugar, place them a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes and allow them to cool completely before serving.
- Category: Cookie
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – step by step recipe
Cream together the butter and sugar in a clean bowl for 1-2 minutes.
Add the vanilla and yogurt and mix until creamy and smooth.
Add the dry ingredients and mix them in long enough to combine. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnnight
Using a small ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, form little balls of dough and coat them in the confectioner sugar
Place them a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheets.
Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes and allow them to cool completely before serving.
If you loved the chocolate crinkle cookies recipe, you’ll definitely love these recipes too –