- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature (if using salted butter, skip salt)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2–4 Tbsp milk (adjust to consistency)
- Chocolate block
- Grease & line cake / cupcake molds. Preheat oven to 150 C / 300 F
- Gently mix the flour, coco powder & baking soda. Set aside
- To softened butter, add powder sugar. Beat them together until the mixture is smooth & creamy
- Sift in the dry flour mix
- Add a couple tablespoons of milk
- Mix well to form a thick batter. If it is too thick / clumpy, add a couple more tablespoons of milk.
- Optional: To get the swirly patter, fill a pastry / piping bag with the batter. Fill the cupcake mold with the batter – squeeze the batter out in circular motion to get a swirly pattern.
- In preheated oven, bake for 20-30 minutes or until completely done. (insert a toothpick or dry piece of spaghetti in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, it is done)
- To decorate, press the center of the cakes a little in. Place a small block of chocolate in the center and let it sit in the warm oven for 5 minutes until it melts. (this can be done only if you’re baking them as cupcakes)
- Remove, place an M&M on each cupcake and serve warm.
- Category: Dessert